Girls can be legitimately called "Shorty". What is that?
Why is that?
Am I old at heart and this is just something I need to adapt to?
I hope so cause as much as I want to be the grumpy old man sitting on my porch cheerfully grumbling about "this generation", I'm not old yet. I'm not allowed to be like that yet.
I suppose as long as girls aren't losing any respect by such changes, it's ok with me. Though I doubt I'll be saying it much.
It strikes me that even if it sounds empowering to have girls and women who are the epitome of men's fantasies, it's the same attitude that kept women in the kitchen for so long.
And speaking of language.
It appears that dropping the F-bomb is taboo among the followers of Christ. Or s--t, d--m, c--p, b---h, and several other euphemisms.
It's alright if you don't swear.
But as far as I know, Christians can't take God's name in vain or let unwholesome talk come out of their mouths.
The first one seems straight forward. Don't say "Oh my God" unless this is something you actually want to discuss with your creator.
The second is where it gets tricky 'cause language is sometimes a very awkward thing to use and English is most likely the worst at proper expression of one's self. How much of what we say is actually wrong and what is actually proper? Right and proper are two different things.
I'd say that what is proper is dictated by society and culture and what is right is dictated by something higher than society and culture.
All I mean by that last bit is there are certain situations where you need to watch what you say. Don't swear when talking to the Queen of England or around your mom. That seems to fall under proper.
But what if there are no right or wrong words? No "Deplorable Word" so to speak? If so, then it seems to me that what important is the attitude and meaning behind what you say.
This may possibly be irrelevant, but in human communication, body language "speaks" most and actual words "speak" least. Something like 7% of communication is words.
People should mean what they say and care more about what the person is feeling instead of the words that come out of their mouths if you ask me. Not that anyone did to warrant that disclaimer.